Section 1: Divinity
OUTLINE FOR TAKING NOTES
A. Apostles’ Creed
2. Jesus’ Conception
B. Biblical Basis
1. According to the lesson, which creed clarified more completely the divinity of the Holy Spirit?
2. According to the lesson, the Apostles’ Creed implies the divinity of the Holy Spirit in two ways. What are they?
3. How did Hippolytus (A.D. 170 – 236) describe early baptismal ceremonies? What does it teach us about their belief in the Trinity?
4. Mention the categories of biblical evidence of the divinity of the Holy Spirit that are used in the lesson, and give examples of each.
5. Mention the “incommunicable” attributes of God that the Holy Spirit possesses.
6. Make sure you are familiar with the contents of the following Bible passages:
1 Corinthians 2:11
2 Peter 1:20-21
2 Corinthians 13:14
1. Why is it important to you to recognize the divinity of the Holy Spirit? What difference would it make if He were not divine?
2. How does it affect you personally to know that the Holy Spirit is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent? Does it comfort you? Does it help you face difficulties? Explain.